Welcome to the first Great Range Run Camp!
Coming this Fall, 2019
Hosted by The Fallen Arch – The Adirondack’s premier, full-service running store
together with The Lake Placid Marathon and the Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort
Space will be limited to 12 participants!
Follow Us on Facebook for Announcements
Or Call The Fallen Arch at 518-523-5310 for More Details
Scroll Down for All the Info!
Our Goals for this Camp
1: To help you gain a better understanding of training
2: To help you learn how to set goals and attain them
3: To help you learn more about strength training for runners
What We’re Planning
5:00 p.m. Shake Out Run Amy
6:00 p.m. Meet and Greet at Generations Restaurant
8:00 a.m. Pre-run talk Golden Arrow
9:00 a.m. Speed Training session with Amy
11:30 a.m. – 1:00p.m. Break
1:00 p.m. Shoe Selection Seminar Golden Arrow with Bob
2:00 p.m. Importance of Nutrition for Runners Golden Arrow
3:00 p.m. Weight Training for Runners Golden Arrow gym with Bob
4:00p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Break
5:00 p.m. Pub Run with Sarah and Amy
7:00 a.m. Pre-run talk at Bliss & Vinegar
8:00 a.m. Pre-run warm-up Oval
8:30 a.m. Road to Trail Run
Meet the Coaches
Some of Bob’s accomplishments include:
- Record holder for the RAAM Open East bike race set in 1989
- Rideau Trail 200 mile running record, Ontario
- North American Marathon SPEEDSKATING, Champion 1984, 1989, 2004
- 1991 Canadian Masters cyclocross champion
- 13th Overall 1989 World Marathon Speedskating Championships
- Bud Light 24 Hour bicycle time trial record holder
- 2:28 Marathoner
- Member of District Hall of Fame for speed skating and cycling, Kingston, Ontario inducted 2008
- Member of McDonalds Sports Hall of Fame for cycling, Kingston, Ontario inducted 1990
- Race Across America qualifier, 540 miles in 28 hrs. Set record.
- Competed on both the USA and Canadian teams in Duathlon
- Pro Mountain Biker
- 200-mile running ultra-marathon record FKT Rideau Trail Ontario, Canada
Bob’s Education and Home Life:
Attended Niagara College, Welland, Ontario
University of Colorado, Boulder
Bob was born in Washington, D.C., lived Kingston, Ontario 1981-2006, and has resided in Lake Placid since 2006. He is currently engaged to Gail Joseph, has two daughters, Stephanie and Amy and two Grandchildren, Colton and Blake, with another one on the way.
Amy graduated with a BS in Physical Education from St. Lawrence University where she competed on the cross country and track teams and is a physical education teacher and coach at Tupper Lake Central School. Amy and her husband, Kevin, live in Tupper Lake, N.Y. With daughter Ruby and 4 rescue dogs.
Some of Amy’s Accomplishments Include:
- 2018 overall female winner Ironman Santa Rosa
- 2015 and 2017 overall female winner Lake Placid Ironman
- 2016 overall female winner Ironman North Carolina
- 2014 35-39 Ironman World Champion
- 2010 USAT Duathlon National Champion
- 2009 30-34 age group 70.3 World Champion
- 6-time Boston Marathon Qualifier
“If I could spend all my days pushing my limits on the trail, I would!”
Sarah coaches athletes of all levels and lives by her philosophy that running can help athletes become stronger and healthier, not only on the trail, but in life, and strives to find the passion and courage to live life deliberately every day.
Sarah works as a Registered Nurse in Saranac Lake, and also at The Fallen Arch in Lake Placid which keeps her in touch with her passion and the local running community.
Sarah runs for and is sponsored by La Sportiva and Julbo USA, and is also the very proud dog mom of Mocha Pebbles.
Some of Sarah’s proudest moments include:
- 2016 US Skyrunning Ultra Distance Champion and Vertical Kilometer Champion
- 2015 US Skyrunning Skyrace third overall female
- Women’s FKT of The Great Range Traverse in the ADK
- Finishing my first 100-mile race in under 24 hours at the 2016 Cascade Crest Endurance Run